Monday, August 24, 2015

Welcoming Miss Emmie to the Family

I remember the day so clearly-- I had just run inside the Jewel on 14 in Crystal Lake to grab a few miscellaneous things. I plopped my findings in to the trunk, looked up, and the Pet shop was calling my name. 


You know.. when you get that feeling that comes over you.. it's almost like a gravitational pull from your destiny.

My logical-self talking me out of looking & my craving for another puppy persuading me.. I decided to just take a look.......

Side note, Otis is a great dog but he's totally Osh's dog. The plan was to get 2 dogs all along, we we're waiting to fence the backyard.Which we had just done, score!

I love dachshunds. I had two of them growing up, and they were amazing. Super loyal, lovable, and of course super cuddly. So in to the pet store I went.

{Before anyone comments on how I'm terrible person for looking at dogs at a pet-shop, 3 out of 4 of our current pets were adopted/feral! So please no grief!}

Unfortunately, there were no dachshunds, so I checked Craigslist when I got home and stumbled upon the post with Emma in it. A young family was re-homing her to due to her being a little too rough with their dachshund. I saw those eyes in the post, and just knew that I had to go check her out. I messaged the gal that afternoon and set up a time to go meet Bella aka Emma.

After dinner, Osh and I headed to the bank for cash & out to South Elgin to pick up our girl.  She was pretty timid upon the meeting, which I have come to learn is a pretty common trait of the Weimaraner breed. However, she warmed up to us pretty quickly. Especially, when she discovered that we had a huge backyard and an Otis that loves to play. It was love at first sight. I knew she was the 'mama's puppy.'

Emma has been a total joy, with of course, all of the bonuses that come with puppyhood such as cleaning up turds at 12am.... BUT it could always be worse.

Otis & Emma get along like a dream.

Puppy soulmates.


Osh and I love her so much already and can't wait to see what the future holds for our beautiful Em. {Hopefully, less stains on our carpet. :) }

Happy Monday y'all and thanks for reading! 





No comments:

Post a Comment